All Nighter in the Air

Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 8:34 PM

It’s now 7:06am Eastern time. I’ve just arrived in Detroit Metro Airport from spending five wonderful days in Seattle. After one failed attempt to leave Seattle (mechanical failure!), I finally left on the red-eye flight to Hartford via Detroit. I’m so tired from barely sleeping the previous night, on top of the little sleep I got in Seattle. It seems important that I’m passing by my hometown while en route to my next destination. I’m not sure what symbolism to draw from here. I had a great time in Seattle with great friends, and my spring break trip is not even half over.

Everything seems slightly surreal right now. Coming in from the air, I couldn’t recognize anything from above. Must be the snow and the time. Everything before the past few days seems to be from another chapter of my life. Perhaps I’m just too tired. However, I do feel a new beginning rising within. Already, I feel ready to go back home and pick my life up again, with my vacation only a third over.

I feel as if I’ve been given a second chance in life to figure out what I want to do with myself, albeit somewhat forced upon. Everything seems positive at the moment, though I can’t tell if this is just a momentary feeling. I will do my best to remember this feeling, so that I can call upon it if I feel aimless again.

At the same time, I feel strangely nostalgic. I’ve been around airports all my life; I probably fly at least six times each year (12 in 2009). I will always remember the sunsets I watched while waiting in the terminal during layovers. Right now, the sun is rising, and gets brighter each minute. I guess I associate this moment with a feeling of anticipation, of something to look forward to.

In Hartford I visit my cousin and a buddy, both of whom I owe a lot. It’ll be good to see them both again. Hartford here I come! What disguised blessings will I find?

- Howitzer, 3/4/2010

0 comments

Post a Comment

Howitzer | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates