First Exam

Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM
Tomorrow is my first exam at MIT. I'm pretty sure I'm about to be spanked. I'm taking a quantum physics course which is...pretty hard. It's an abstract topic to learn, and to really understand it intuitively takes some time. Until then, I'm just learning formulas and equations and more math than I ever wanted to. I think my preparation has been ok, though another day or so would be optimal. I'm going to turn in now, so that I can rest my brain. Really, if I could just remember everything that I've learned, and be able to use them tomorrow, I'd be ok. It definitely would help me more than studying some more.

Just to give you a taste of what I spend my time trying to understanding. Wave function, dispersion relations, wave packets spreading, operators, Hamiltonians, Hermitian property, Eigenfunction/values, Simple Harmonic Oscillators.

A double post coming up this weekend: (No)Things to do at MIT other than work, and Time Management.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Howitzer | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates