Routine

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 9:11 PM
Seems like there's nothing much for me to update anymore. The last 5 or some entries have felt somewhat forced. It feels as if I have no big realizations anymore that I need to write down. I think this is a reflection of how I've found a routine here in Boston. My life is by no means complete here, but at least everything is running like well oiled gears in a machine. I've established my school schedule, a few routine things to do on the weekends, and my eating schedule. Since I know where everything is going to be, I feel like I have nothing "new" to say.

I've been riding my motorcycle daily since I got it, and I feel pretty confident on it. I try to keep an eye on myself, to catch myself if I get too lax in being aware of my surroundings. Riding a motorcycle requires more planning than driving a car does. There must always be a "way out" of every situation, because in the case of unexpected danger, you can't afford to have even a light crash. What would have been a fender bender in a car becomes you flying off your bike.

I did do something exciting recently though. Due to a family emergency, I went back to Ann Arbor this past weekend. I'll skip the family emergency, but I'll write down the other things I did. I hung out with Jess L, which was sweet since I haven't seen her since I left(I guess that's the same for everyone I saw this weekend.) On Saturday, I hung out with Nick T and Jordan, which was really cool. These guys were really warm and friendly to me, even though we didn't hang out that much while I was in Ann Arbor. They're pretty awesome people. I also got to see George briefly, as well as Oliver. The chances to see old friends seem to be fewer and farther in between, so I relish the opportunities.

I also got a chance to remember how awesome Ann Arbor is. Picture this: I come back to a picturesque fall day. The leaves are just in the midst of turning colors; I saw one tree that was red on one side, and still green on the other. The temperature was right around 60, and the skies were a cloudless, clear blue. Students, alumni, residents were filling the streets wearing glorious maize and blue. Cars were flying window flags with the block M. Motorcycle cops were riding around wearing winged helmets. I think I returned home and found heaven. Seeing all that probably constituted one of my best days this year. Sad that fall only comes once a year, and that I only get to enjoy the game day atmosphere a few days a year. If only this were Ohio State week...



0 comments

Post a Comment

Howitzer | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates