Didn't Vote This Year.

Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 7:25 PM
I guess I should write this down, since it's too easy for me to ignore it. I didn't register to vote in Massachusetts, and neither did I vote absentee for Michigan. It's easy to ignore my irresponsibility because well, no one knows. No one's gonna yell at me for not doing a civic duty. I don't even feel that bad, while I'm sitting here writing about it. I guess I can't force myself to feel a certain way. In any case, I know I should be doing my part in helping to direct this country. Even if I don't feel guilty, I can at least change my actions.

Most people know that voting is every citizen's duty and responsibility, yet if I don't vote, it really doesn't feel like that big of a deal. Except it should be. Right? It seems like it's not a big deal, because what difference does one vote make? It really isn't *that* bad if one person doesn't vote, or more specifically, if I don't vote one year. But if I look at it from the perspective of the entire electorate, it's really important that the electorate votes. Which means, everyone needs to vote, on the whole. Not that I should beat myself up for not voting this year...but really, I need to vote. At *least* for federal elections.

I'll ask for an absentee ballot next year. This post will serve as a personal reprimand.

- Howitzer

0 comments

Post a Comment

Howitzer | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates