Boston Road Rage

Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 6:13 AM
Boston drivers suck. Not just their skills, but their attitude too. Always pushy and impatient, they never seem to notice that the car they're honking at is waiting for pedestrians to finish crossing. This is a common occurrence, even one that I saw today. Paradoxically, this shows how nice Boston drivers are to pedestrians. They'll stop and allow pedestrians to cross in the middle of street (not a crossing point). All the while, the cars behind them will give them an impatient beep.

I bring this up today, because an SUV honked at me for taking too long to turn at an intersection. Then he proceeded to tail me while revving his engine, and then blew past me. To be fair, as soon as I heard him honk at me, I turned and looked at him, and really took my time after that. Good thing I caught myself before getting into a street race with him. I let him speed past, all the while seething inside that he was "beating" me. Such is the reality of riding a vehicle that is one tenth the weight of everyone else.

-Howitzer

0 comments

Post a Comment

Howitzer | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates