Cruising on the Charles River

Friday, October 8, 2010 at 10:37 AM
So I rode my bike over to school today. I spent about an hour riding around on the streets last night, so I felt confident enough to ride in day time traffic. I took the route to school and back twice, to familiarize myself. There's a lot of weird streets in Boston. I felt pretty awesome this morning, because the sun was shining, and it was a nice day out.

Riding on the Harvard bridge is an awesome experience. You start in an urban forest, surrounded by brick buildings and towering sky scrapers. As you approach the bridge, you rise up with the bridge's arch. The thicket of buildings around you thin out, and you emerge on the bridge, with an expansive view on both sides of you. Surrounding the Charles river on both sides are skyline views of Boston and Cambridge. Behind you are the gleaming glass citadels of Boston's commercial district, while in front are the historic buildings of cozy Cambridge. On a sunny day, it feels just great.

5 days without accident.

-Howitzer

0 comments

Post a Comment

Howitzer | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates