Pasta with Pesto, Green Beans, and Potatoes

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 2:44 PM
I made this dish following the recipe below on Sunday. It was a simple, yet filling dish. I didn't add enough green beans, and the potatoes need to be diced up into smaller pieces. I think the red potatoes I used didn't have enough starch. The commenters on that website recommended against using Idaho or Russet potatoes, but I might try that next time. Also, I think adding some Italian sausage to this dish would have been perfect. Not sure how that would mix with the pesto though. The spiciness might overpower the basil in the pesto.


In other food related news, I recently discovered apple butter. Browsing through the bread spread section at the grocery store, I noticed a jar of this stuff sitting there. Hm..butter + apples I thought..it sounded delicious. Actually, apple butter doesn't contain any butter, but is rather a concentrated sauce of sugar and apples. That didn't prevent me from spreading butter first on my toast though :) The combination of hot toast, butter, and apple butter is delicious.

- Howitzer

0 comments

Post a Comment

Howitzer | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates