Veterans' Day

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 5:44 PM
How remiss of me. I almost forgot to make a tribute to the men and women who volunteer their time and health to defend the country. Talking about the sacrifices that the military makes for us citizens is something that seems almost cliche and automatic now. You hear it all the time from politicians, from average people everywhere.

Well, let me say, everything that is praised about the military is true. The nation is defended by people who volunteer their lives. Think of it this way: would you serve to defend the country? Most likely you'll say yes, but maybe, inside you'll think no. I certainly won't divulge my thoughts on the matter. I only know that I'm sitting here in my room, stressing out about school when service members are stressing out about IED's or shit. Therefore, I will be grateful for the protection that others have graciously given.

One last thing: never fault the military. Always remember that it is us, the civilians, who order the military to do things that we can't do ourselves.

God bless to the men and women in uniforms who guard us as we sleep.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Howitzer | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates