First New Jeans..since 2008!

Monday, April 4, 2011 at 10:49 PM
My wardrobe of jeans have been with me for a long time, with the newest addition in 2008(!). However, they are starting to really fall apart. Holes formed in front of both pockets of one pair of jeans. Another pair had a small tear from a motorcycle accident(non-serious), which grew larger over time. And most pairs of my jeans have rips at the bottom of the inseam, probably because I walk with my feet balanced beneath me. I probably rub my jeans with every step I take.

It was time to go shopping for jeans.

I finally got some financial breathing room, after a grueling January/February paying for outrageous Boston apartment fees for my next lease. I headed over to a mall in Natick one sunny day, in search of the closest JCPenney's. I had always bought my jeans from their low-cost Arizona brand. And by low-cost, I mean it. Their bootcut jeans cost $12-$15. I'm not sure why there's price variation on pants that are exactly the same, but different colors. I don't even think the price difference is due to the color difference. In any case, the previous set of Arizona jeans I bought lasted through all kinds of damage. They started out kind of rough and thick, but after 3 years they were soft and warm to wear. They still didn't thin out though, through wear and tear. I liked that they felt thick and protective when I put them on, so I felt like I should replace both of them with the same "model". Which I did, for $12 and $15. Sweet.

Since I was spending so little on those two jeans, I decided to try on some more expensive jeans. Expensive, meaning Levi's, which aren't that expensive compared to some other designer stores, like Express. The first thing I noticed was that the Levi's bootcut jeans were a lot tighter on me. I didn't like it at first, but then I saw in the mirror that the jeans fit me a lot better. It was like the jeans were cut for my legs, and not in an emo-punk-tight-as-leather-jeans way. I never realized that jeans could fit like this. I'm glad that I tried on the Levi's, and they're now sitting on my chair, to be worn tomorrow. $35, which isn't too bad.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Howitzer | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates