White Chocolate Ice Cream, End of Winter Updates

Monday, February 21, 2011 at 8:37 PM
For my second batch of ice cream, I selected this recipe from Serious Eats: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/11/white-chocolate-ice-cream-with-nerds-recipe.html, except I altered it. Instead of adding Nerds, I put in frozen raspberries. I thought that white chocolate and raspberries would be a great combination, except I was wrong. The raspberries were frozen, and so there was barely any raspberry flavor in the ice cream. I guess you need to have raspberry syrup or something, so that you can actually taste it. The Nerds woulds have been a better addition after all. Also, something weird happened with the ice cream base before I froze it. I let it sit in the refrigerator to cool all night, before freezing it with the ice cream machine. By the next day, bits of white cocoa butter or something had coagulated in the mix. At first, I thought it was white chocolate that came and formed, but nope. These bits tasted kind of chalky. Surprisingly, the ice cream turned out ok. It was actually really creamy and delicious, so much so that I'm going to make another batch with Nerds.

The weather has recently turned a bit colder, hovering under 32F the past few days. Last week, we got a few days of 40's-50's weather, which was awesome for motorcycling. Now though, I have to wear double layers of pants, and try to prevent my fingers from freezing by hugging the engine block at traffic lights. Sometimes, it's kind of bad when I hit a greenlight before a long stretch of open cruising. I'm starting to worry my joints might suffer from this periodic freezing and thawing. Thankfully, the weather should be warming up soon. This week there will be a few days of 40'sF weather, during which I'll try to get my bike washed again. The salt spray from the roads are starting to build up on my bike.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Howitzer | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates