Hockey

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 12:37 PM
So, today was my second hockey class at MIT. I touched a puck on ice for the first time, and it was a blast. Hockey is a pretty intense sport. I was sweating more than I have for awhile after an hour of passing drills. We weren't even doing skating drills today, which we did the first lesson.

In recent news, I also took my motorcycle out from hibernation over the winter. It took awhile before it could start up, but once it did, the motorcycle ran beautifully. Man it feels so good to be out riding it again. On Monday, temperatures reached 40'sF, and I took my bike out for some joy riding. Unfortunately, all the melting snow main the roads wet, and I had taken off my front fenders. As a result, I was splattered with street water (gross). I'll need to install that fender tonight or something.

Also, I got an ice cream maker. My first batch turned out alright. I made mint ice cream from a recipe on Serious Eats: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2008/06/fresh-mint-chocolate-chip-ice-cream-recipe.html It taste a bit overcooked though. I think I oversteeped the mint in the ice cream base, and the leaves got overcooked. Oh well. Next up I think I'll try coconut ice cream.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Howitzer | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates