Leaving for MIT

Thursday, August 27, 2009 at 9:50 PM
Just cried my eyes out when Grace was leaving. I haven't done that in a long time. I'll write more when I get to Boston.

EDIT 1:
So I am now in MIT. I'm quite busy trying to settle in, but I'm going to try to update on what happened the past few days. Grace and I had a long talk about our future, and we poured our hearts out talking about how we felt. She's still not completely sure if she's ready for the next step in our relationship, but I think she's getting closer. We shall see how that goes. We both cried a lot because we were going to be separate for longer than ever before.

EDIT 2:
I am now officially at MIT, as in my RA has started. I was freaked out last weekend, before starting orientation at MIT. I have it in my mind that MIT is this ivory tower with super duper geniuses, and that I was gonna get run over by their brain power. I guess I'm a little less freaked out now. The people here seem pretty normal, albeit a little geeky. The same thing happened to me when I started at Michigan. I remember the first few engineering classes, I was just in awe at how smart some of the people were. In the end, everything turned out ok for me. I suppose the same thing will happen here (hopefully).

Though I'm less scared now of failing out, a new problem has come up: I have no project. That means that I have nothing to work on all day, except to talk to people in my group and find out what they are doing. It doesn't help that people keep asking me what project I am working on. I feel like I have to give an answer. I tried talking to a few people today, and they were nice about it, and took time to explain to me what they did. However, I feel if I keep asking people to take time to explain to me what they do, some of them might get irritated. I will try to see if I can catch people doing experiments, and maybe I will be interrupting less.

So these are my immediate thoughts on school and being apart from Grace. I'll post an analysis later.

Listening to Take Me Home Tonight - Eddie Money. This song is sweet.

-Howitzer

1 Responses to Leaving for MIT

  1. Ahhh, sounds like you are having quite the experience sir. I wouldn't worry too much though, I'm sure everything will be fine.

    P.S. Listening to Bocelli - Con Te Partiro.
    THAT song is awesome.. haha.

Post a Comment

Howitzer | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates